Verification of Previous Employment Form
March 10, 2008
This Verification of Previous Employment form is used to gather information about an applicant’s previous employment history and contacts. It documents who was called, the contact phone number, and pertinent questions, such as length of previous employment, position held, title, reason for leaving, and whether the previous employer would consider rehiring the applicant.
Applicant’s Name: ___________________________________________________ Position Applied for: _________________________________________________ Name of Former Employer: ____________________________________________ Name of Individual Called: ____________________________________________ Telephone Number Called: ____________________________________________ Date Called:________________________________________________________
1. Starting and ending dates of employment
2. Starting and ending salary
3. Title of last position held with the company
4. Reason for leaving the company
5. If I read the position description that [Name] included on his resume, could you confirm whether the job title and description match your understanding of the position he or she held when he or she worked at [Name of Company]?
6. Is [Name] eligible for rehire with your company?
7. Is there anything else you can tell me about [Name]’s employment with your company?