March 09, 2008
The Retirement policy aids the employee who plans to retire. It states what actions (formal or informal) the company will take on the occasion of a retirement starting at age 62.
Example of: Standard Policy
To aid the employee who plans to retire, we have established a retirement plan which offers the following:
1. Preretirement counseling for any employee who wishes to participate, starting at age 62
2. Generous pension benefits
3. Early or late retirement under certain circumstances
The company feels that the retirement of an employee should be an occasion for celebration and for recognition of the individual’s contributions to the organization. The company will plan and pay for a dinner or similar gathering for the retiree, his or her spouse, and fellow employees. The following rules apply:
1. The company will cover the costs of the dinner for the retiree, his or her spouse, and fellow employees. Any other guests or spouses of employees must be paid for personally.
2. The company will contribute a set amount toward the purchase of a gift for the employee who is retiring. But fellow employees are responsible for selecting the gift and soliciting additional contributions to pay for it.
3. The division or department for which the employee works is normally responsible for planning and executing the retirement party. However, the corporate personnel department is available for consultation and should be notified when such observances are scheduled.