Job Posting Policy
March 09, 2008
The Job Posting policy of the company is to promote from within to fill vacancies. Vacancies will be posted for 48 hours. Certain criteria need to be met in order for a current employee to apply for the opening. Criteria is listed in the posting. If no applicants are considered qualified or there are no applicants within the time limits, the opening will be filled through normal procedure.
Subject: Job Posting
Example of: Standard Policy
It will be the policy of the Company, where possible, to fill job vacancies from within.
Openings that occur will be posted for a period of forty-eight (48) hours. Employees who feel that they are qualified may apply to the Personnel Department.
Job Posting Rules
1. Job descriptions along with the education and experience and special skill requirements will be posted on the bulletin boards in the plant for a period of 2 working days. During that period all eligible employees may apply. At the end of this period no further applications will be accepted.
2. Only employees who have been at their present job assignment for at least six (6) months are eligible to apply.
3. Employees desiring consideration should apply to the Personnel Department. They will be referred to the supervisor responsible for the position to be filled.
4. The supervisor will interview and give due consideration to all applicants referred.
5. The opening will be filled by the applicant who is most qualified. In cases where qualifications are equal among candidates applying, seniority will be the determining factor.
6. All applicants will be notified of the final decision.
7. The Company retains the right to transfer a successful employee only after a replacement is obtained for his current position.
8. Job openings for Labor Grade #12 assemblers will not be posted.
9. If no applicants are considered qualified or there are no applicants within the time limits, the opening will be filled through normal procedure.